RSVPify's embed tool is designed to work across all major web browser and web builder platforms. Depending on the web builder platform and selected template, however, some settings may need to be adjusted for your embedded for to work properly. Here's some troubleshooting tips for successfully embedding your RSVPify form on a Squarespace website:
The code block widget is only available for SquareSpace Business Plan users. The Embed code widget is available on both the Business and Personal Plan.
'Code Block' Widget
- In this code block, be sure to select HTML and uncheck the "display source" option. (NOTE: Squarespace only runs HTML through the code block even though JS is an option on the dropdown list.)
- Disable Ajax loading as this can prevent your RSVPify form from properly loading and/or cause intermittent load issues on some browsers and devices. To learn how to disable Ajax loading in Squarespace, click here.
- Enable HTTPS (SSL) embed code. If your Squarespace website uses SSL (https://), you will need to be sure you're using the SSL-enabled version of the RSVPify embed code. Enable the 'My website uses an SSL (HTTPS://) connection' option in RSVPify, and re-copy and past your embed code.
- Add the embed code widget to your site where you would like your RSVP form to be shown
- Click on </> icon to manually embed the code
- In RSVPify, enable HTTPS (SSL) embed code. Make sure to click '</> Copy Embed Code' rather than copy and pasting from the textbox.
- Paste the into the embed data in SquareSpace, and click 'SET'
- NOTE: Your full form may not show in the editor preview or 'safe preview' mode. Make sure to view your live URL to see how it looks!
Note that in the case of IE and Safari, these browsers natively restrict cookies from 3rd-party embedded tools -- and, depending on your browser settings and any security plugins that may be enabled, some users may have issues with an embedded form in these two browsers. We do recommend including a link directly to your RSVPify form if guests do seem to be having trouble with the embed on your website.